Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church has inspiring programs for children and youth to learn and grow in their faith! We offer nursery care, Sunday School, Vacation Bible School (VBS), and Confirmation classes led by our caring staff and volunteers.
Infant and Toddler Care is available during worship and Sunday school on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings during Advent and Lent, and during special events. Our nursery is supervised by nurturing, well-trained individuals, who will take care of your child’s needs. If you prefer, you are welcome to take your child to worship with you! Be sure to pick up a Worship Bag filled with quiet activities in the narthex.
Ark Park Play Group is offered at 8:30 a.m. for 3-5 year old children. This is a time for fellowship and play for children who are not ready to stay for the entire worship service. Sunday school lessons are offered at 9:30 in Jesus’ Place.
Jesus’ P.L.A.C.E. is our traditional Sunday school class, offered at 9:30 a.m., for pre-school children age 3-4 years. P.L.A.C.E. stands for People Learning About Christ Everyday. Children are introduced to the Bible and Jesus and learn social skills while interacting with church friends. Children sing together with kindergarten and first grade children for the first 15 minutes of class before being escorted to their classroom by their teachers.
Sunday School is offered at 9:30 a.m. for school-age children in grades K-5. Classes are based on the workshop rotation model for Sunday school. Children experience the Old and New Testament and United Methodist theology by exploring new workshops each week in drama/puppetry, art, theater, computers, games, storytelling, and cooking. Children spend the first 15 minutes of class singing together with other K-5 students before going to their classrooms.
Confirmation Class is offered Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:30 p.m. for students in 8th grade. Participants are expected to complete class lessons and several enrichment activities during the course of their study. Confirmation services are held in May each year for 8th graders who have completed class requirements.
Senior High Sunday School is for students in grades 9-12 and is offered at 9:30 a.m. Discussions are held in a relaxed and comfortable classroom. High school students are encouraged to participate in worship services and assist with child care, Jesus’ PLACE, and K-5 classes.
4th and 5th grade students are invited to be active members of Emmanuel’s introductory youth ministries experience. Activities are planned on the 3rd Sunday of each month during the school year. The Children’s Ministries Team sponsors the activities, and parents of 4th and 5th graders are responsible for planning and carrying out monthly events. Invite a friend!
NEXT CLUB 4/5 EVENT:
- Sunday, September 17, 2017 will be the first Club 4/5 event of the school year. Meet in Fellowship Hall at 11:30 a.m. for lunch, fellowship and activities, and acolyte training for any children interested. Sign up on the Club 4/5 bulletin board outside Celebration Hall.
Youth and Volunteer Forms
- Program Application & Receipt of YSF (Required of all adults working with children and youth at ECUMC. This form must be printed and signed)
- ECUMC Youth Safety Policy (For your information. No need to fill out)
- Youth Permission Form (Required for all children and youth participating in church activities unaccompanied by parents/guardians. This form must be printed and signed.)
- Photo/Video & Social Media Waiver (Required)
- Sunday School Registration (Required)