How To Reach New People Workshop
Led by Rev. Kim Griffith
Friday, May 15, 2015, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, May 16, 2015, 9:00am – 4:00pm
Is your congregation ready for something new? Do you believe that your church has the potential for revitalization, if only you knew what to do? The key to growing a church is to build relationships with people in your community by offering a genuine welcome to your congregation. Many of us have forgotten the simple, practical ways that members reach out to new people that used to be a natural part of church life. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to turn your hopes and good intentions into action through planning, teamwork, and fun.
After participating in this program, we have noted that our church attendance is higher each month then it was the year before, and we’ve gained eleven new members and have increased our visibility in the community. The program not only has helped us reach new members, it is helping us grow deeper as a community. Paul is an excellent coach and is available at the touch of a key pad. –Rev. Jill Meyer, Christ Congregational, Clintonville
Consider participating in the How To Reach New People Workshop if your church:
• Has a history of decline and wants to change direction
• Is doing a great job meeting the needs of your members, but wants to focus more intentionally on outreach to new people
• Wants to learn more about ways to add new people to your congregation
• Is looking for a practical, action-oriented plan for growth
• Has attended the How To Reach New People Workshop in the past and wants a “tune up” to keep your team members energized and to introduce new folks to the process
How To Reach New People is a two-day workshop. Each church sends a team that is made up of the pastor and at least three lay members. There is no upper limit on the number of people you may bring, but the entire team must commit to being present for both days.
The cost is $400 per team for up to 5 people, and $60 for each additional person. This includes registration, materials, two snacks, and one meal (Saturday lunch). Additional meals and lodging are not included. Returning congregations pay only $60 per person to participate ($300 per team of up to 5 people, and $50 each additional person). Non-UMC churches are welcome to participate at no extra cost.
The deadline for registering is May 8, 2015. Register with Sheryl.
We’ve found that the churches that experience the greatest impact are those that sign on for 12 months of follow-up coaching with Paul Nickerson.
• Meet once in person for a ‘tune up’
• Pastors meet every other month online
• All church team members meet online every other month in clusters to check in with Paul. The full price of a year of follow up coaching is $1,500. More information about the coaching program will be available at the workshop.
About the Leader
Kim Griffith is a United Methodist pastor, new church planter, and coach at Griffith Coaching. She is a consultant to congregations and denominations.
About the Follow-Up Coach
Paul Nickerson formerly served as Associate Conference Minister of the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ. Before joining the Conference staff, Paul was a local church pastor in Connecticut and Massachusetts. He now consults with congregations about vitality and growth.