Missions – Faith in Action
Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church believes in serving our community. We have opportunities for those who come here to serve others through our partnerships and friendships with local ministries.
In our Community
- Angel Tree – Each Christmas season, through the Angel Tree Ministry, ECUMC provides gifts that are given to Milwaukee children whose mom or dad is in prison. This program allows incarcerated parents to stay connected with their children by purchasing and delivering gifts in their name that they could not otherwise afford.
- Community Banquet – The Community Banquet is a free meal program offered at St. James Church in Menomonee Falls at 5:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of every month by a collaboration of community churches. Neighbors chat and share with each other their joys and sorrows. Folks whose food budget doesn’t quite make it to the end of the month are welcome. ECUMCvolunteers handle set up and desserts, clean up or cooking on a rotation of about 8 times per year.
- Falls Area Food Pantry – The Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry (fallsfoodpantry.org) gathers and distributes food to those with acute or chronic need who live in the greater Menomonee Falls area. Over 1,800 people are served each year. Emmanuel Community along with other local churches volunteer to staff the pantry. Pantry Hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Volunteers are asked to report 30 min. early. The Pantry is located at N85W15382 Menomonee River Pkwy Menomonee Falls WI. Phone 262-251-6848. ECUMC volunteers stack and sort food every 12th week –call the church 262-251-3830 for more information. Food may be dropped off at the pantry 24 hours per day 7 days a week.
- The Gathering – People in the Community Feeding the Hungry (Thegatheringwis.org)
Volunteers help prepare, serve and clean up the evening meal on the second Monday of each month at Christian Faith Fellowship Church in Milwaukee. There is a car pool that leaves our church parking lot at 3:00 p.m. For more information call the office 262-251-3830.
- Habitat for Humanity – Each year Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church helps to build a habitat house in the inner city of Milwaukee. This program helps first time home owners realize their dream of owning a home through their own sweat equity and the generosity of volunteer builders. ECUMC joins with other sister churches in raising the funds and providing the labor to build the fully completed homes. Volunteering for Habitat is fun fellowship. Although carpentry skills are a plus we also need painters, “gofers” and lunch providers. Contact the church office at 262-251-3830 to learn more.
- Blessings in a Backpack – The focus of giving for ECUMC children is Blessings in a Backpack. Using the donation list provided by the organization, children raise money, donate food, and help pack food bags which are sent home with Menomonee Falls elementary students who may not have enough to eat on the weekends.
Here at Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church we believe that you are never too young or old to serve others. The youth of our church participate in missions’ year long. From smaller activities such as making blankets for the less fortunate to week long trips traveling to Guatemala.
As Christ instructed us in Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…”, we find it of great importance to help those in our local communities as well as the global community.
Our goal is to provide consistent, yearlong services to others, local and abroad.