In the World
Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church is involved in bringing resources and the gospel to the world. We partner with several ministries around the globe to support what God is doing beyond our own country.
- Mujila Falls, Zambia, Africa – Mujila Falls Agriculture Centre is a project of the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church. The center is dedicated to improving the lives of the local people by teaching sustainable agricultural practices, providing nutritious food and fostering self-sustaining work. Missions contributes an annual stipend to help run the farm. In 2009 we were able to raise $1,500 to purchase a heifer from the proceeds of the Harvest Brunch. Also through the generosity of the Knaack bequest, we helped purchase a badly needed replacement truck for the farm.
Mujila Falls Agricultural Center: Zambia, Pastor Paul Webster and Tshala Mwengo
For more information go to the GBGM website: http://www.umcmission.org/Give-to-Mission/Search-for-Projects/Projects/15016A
To follow them on Facebook, go to www.facebook.com/
- Honduras – In the beginning of each year, a team from ECUMC joins with Therapy Missions (an organization of dedicated OT and PT’s volunteering their time and expertise to assist handicapped people and their families, http://www.therapymissions.org/home.html ) and Our Lord’s UMC on a medical, and building mission trip. We minister in Danli, Honduras to provide medical and therapy clinics, chimneys, and VBS to the people of Honduras. To learn more about the United Methodist Mission in Honduras go to their website at http://www.umcmission.org/explore-our-work/latin-america-and-the-caribbean/Honduras.
- Operation Christmas Child – Near Christmas time, we participate in Operation Christmas Child http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/ by filling shoe boxes with gifts which are sent to Samaritan’s Purse to be distributed to children around the world to share the message and meaning of Christmas.
- Mission Guatemala – In the summer the youth of our church visit Panajachel, Guatemala to work on building projects, and lead a week long bible school to children in local villages.
- Imagine No Malaria – Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church participates in the United Methodist Church world wide effort to overcome malaria in Africa and eliminate deaths by this preventable disease. Visit imaginenomalaria.org for more information.